Kin's Zucchini Muffins
Total Time: 45
Yield: 12 large muffins or 2 loaves
- 2-1/2 cups plus 3 tablespoons flour, divided
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil, plus extra for greasing
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-1/2 cups grated zucchini (about 1-1/2 medium-size)
- 1/2 cup grated carrots (about 1 carrot)
- Whole or chopped pecans
Instructions:Heat oven to 375°.
In a large bowl, gently combine 2-1/2 cups flour, coconut, spices, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
In a separate bowl or the bowl of a standing mixer, cream sugar, canola oil, and butter together until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat until well combined.
Add dry ingredients. Stir just until combined; don't overmix.
Fold in zucchini and carrots.
Fill the cups of two large, well-greased and floured muffin tins (or two loaf pans) three-quarters full.
Top with pecans. Bake 25 minutes for muffins, or 35-40 minutes for bread; cool on wire racks.