Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
This flavorful, easy-to-prepare lamb dish makes room for one of the several tangy home-brewed marinades Deborah has developed.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2-1/2 pounds lamb riblets (figure 3 or 4 per serving)
- 1 recipe Curry or Kebab Marinade (recipes follow)
Instructions:Parboil riblets for 20 to 30 minutes to remove the superficial fat to make the ribs crispier when they’re done. Remove from liquid and marinate in your choice of marinades overnight, turning riblets to be sure they are well coated with marinade. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Arrange riblets in baking pan, baste with marinade, and bake until tender, 25 to 30 minutes. Baste frequently while baking.
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger (you can substitute powdered ginger in a pinch)
Instructions:Mix all ingredients together and pour over meat. Marinate for 2 hours at room temperature or overnight in refrigerator. Makes 3/4 cup.
- 1 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- Grating of fresh black pepper
Instructions:For a blander marinade, cut the soy and Worcestershire sauces a bit.
Mix all ingredients together and pour over meat. Marinate for 2 hours at room temperature or overnight in refrigerator. Makes 2 to 3 cups.