Late-Summer Herb Vinaigrette
Total Time: 10 minutes
Hands On Time: 10 minutes
Yield: about 3/4 cup dressing
Late-Summer Herb Vinaigrette is one of Matt Jennings' go-to dressings for fresh greens and vegetables at Farmstead. This recipe makes enough to generously coat a salad for 8 to 10 people, but you can easily double it as needed.
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon champagne or white-wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped lemon zest (see "Note")
- 1-1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley, basil, marjoram, thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In a small food processor or blender, combine all ingredients and blend until emulsified, 45 seconds to 1 minute.
This recipe makes good use of a whole lemon, incorporating both the zest and the juice. For the best flavor, use a vegetable peeler to peel off the yellow outer layer of the rind; then chop it into small pieces with a sharp knife.