Latin-Style Grilled Corn
Total Time: 15
Yield: 6 servings
This street-food favorite from Mexico really caught our eye and our tastebuds. You can kick up (or turn down) the heat by adjusting the amount of chili you use (we like it spicy).
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 pound queso fresco or mild feta cheese, finely crumbled (about 1 cup)
- 6 ears fresh corn
- Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Prepare grill to medium-high heat. On a large plate or in a small casserole dish, use a fork to combine butter and lime juice. Form into a corn-ear-sized strip in the center. On a separate plate or in a separate small casserole dish, arrange cheese in a single layer, and set aside.
Grill corn 5 to 8 minutes, turning often, until lightly blackened (but not charred). Season to taste with salt and pepper. Roll corn in softened butter, then roll in cheese. Sprinkle with chili powder and chopped cilantro. Serve immediately.