Lemon Blueberry Tea Bread
Yield: 1 loaf
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-2/3 cups flour, divided
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
Instructions:Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Toss the blueberries with the 1 tablespoon flour and set aside. In a large bowl, cream the butter with 1 cup of the sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining 1-2/3 cups flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the flour mixture and the milk alternately to the creamed mixture. Fold in the blueberries, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and lemon rind. Pour into a greased and floured 9x5-inch loaf pan. Bake for about 1 hour, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
In a small pan, combine the remaining 1/2 cup sugar and the remaining 1/4 cup lemon juice. Heat until boiling, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Brush on the slightly cooled bread and cool completely before cutting.