Lemony Green Bean Salad
Total Time: 20
Yield: 6 servings
Here’s a delicious, simple way to make use of all the green beans in your garden. The tart lemon plays off the sweetness of the beans, and a little garlic gives it a kick. For a tasty variation, substitute mint for parsley, or add toasted walnuts or hazelnuts.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 pound fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Instructions:Put 2 inches of water in a medium-size (3- to 4-quart) pot. Arrange beans in a steamer basket and set in pot over water.
Cover pot and bring water to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium.
Steam beans until bright green and tender (but not too soft), 6—8 minutes.
Rinse beans under cold water to stop cooking; then drain well.
Transfer to a large bowl, toss with remaining ingredients,and serve.