Yield: Serves 6.
A hearty, versatile soup that lends itself to countless variations.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1/2 pound lentils, picked over and rinsed
- 1-1/2 quarts water
- 2 to 3 stalks celery and leaves, finely chopped
- 2 small carrots, finely chopped
- Chopped parsley (a sprinkle)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 ripe tomatoes, or 1/2 cup canned
- Bay leaf
- 1 pound small shells, or 1 pound elbow or ditalini macaroni