Lima Bean Salad with Fresh Dill
Yield: Serves 4
Chilled lima beans, tossed with minced shallots and chopped fresh dill leaves, create an exceptional salad.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 3 pounds lima beans, shelled
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of cayenne
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 sprigs fresh dill for garnish
Instructions:1. Place the beans in a large saucepan. Add enough cold water to cover by 1 inch and add the parsley and bay leaves. Bring to a gentle bubble and cook, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until the beans are tender. Remove the parsley and bay leaves and drain the beans in a colander set under cold running water. (If the skins are tough and shriveled, remove them as described earlier.) Transfer the cooked beans to a large bowl. Scatter the shallots and dill leaves over the beans and toss to combine.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and mustard. Blend in the salt and cayenne and whisk in the oil. Pour over the lima beans and toss to coat. Cover the bowl and refrigerate until lightly chilled. Spoon onto glass salad plates to serve. Garnish with sprigs of dill.