LimeRock Inn Crepes Benedict
Total Time: 30
Yield: 15 crepes
You may make these crepes ahead of time if you like. Store between sheets of wax paper in a zip-lock storage bag; they'll keep in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup flour
- 30 asparagus spears, blanched
- 15 slices Canadian bacon, cut in half
- 1 dozen eggs, cooked scrambled
- Hollandaise Sauce
Instructions:In the bowl of a standing mixer, combine milk, eggs, and oil on low speed. Sift flour slowly into mixture until batter is complete.
Over medium heat, ladle about 1/4 cup batter into center of a 10-inch (or larger) nonstick skillet. Rotate skillet to coat the bottom evenly with batter. Return to heat and cook 1 minute. Remove crepe from pan and repeat until you've used all the batter.
On a large platter, lay blanched asparagus spears down in an overlapping pattern and set aside. Lay one crepe on a work surface. Place two half-slices of Canadian bacon on the crepe. Spoon scrambled eggs over the Canadian bacon. Fold over and roll into a log shape. Place on top of asparagus. Repeat with remaining crepes, bacon, and eggs. Drizzle with Hollandaise Sauce.
- 2 cups (approx.) water, plus 1 tablespoon extra
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 stick (1/4 pound) unsalted butter, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco Pepper Sauce