Linguine With Sweet Red Pepper Sauce
Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 red peppers, seeded & cut in julienne strips
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes (packed in tomato puree)
- 1 ripe pear, peeled & thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 pound linguine
- Garnish: chopped parsley and grated Parmesan cheese
Instructions:In a large dutch oven, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the peppers and carrots and cook for about 10 minutes, until the vegetables are softened slightly.
Add the tomatoes, pear, basil, and garlic. Stir, then add salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil, then cover and reduce the heat and allow mixture to simmer for about 45 minutes, or until very tender.
Cook the linguine according to directions & drain well.
Toss the pasta with the sauce and serve hot. Garnish with the parsley and cheese.