Loaded Potato Casserole
by Jennifer Burns, Gossner Foods
Ch. 13, Nov. 15,12
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 3 1/2 — 4 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 slices bacon, cooked, chopped, divided
- 1/2 bunch green onions, sliced
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Instructions:Preheat oven to 375° degrees F.
Place potatoes in saucepan, and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil over med-high heat. Cook until tender, then drain well.
Transfer potatoes back to the saucepan. Mash with a potato masher until almost smooth. Add cream cheese, sour cream, butter, milk, salt and pepper. Continue mashing until smooth. Stir in 1 cup of the cheese and half the bacon. Spoon mixture evenly into a lightly oiled 3-quart casserole dish.
Bake for 20 minutes. Top with remaining cheese, bacon and green onions. Bake for 5 more minutes to melt cheese. Serve immediately.