Updated Lobster Salad
Yield: 4 servings
This recipe is a simple and delicious alternative to the usual salad made with mayonnaise. It's lighter and fresher-tasting, letting the taste of the lobster stand out, and the French bread is a flavorful improvement over the typical hot dog roll. Try the salad on a bed of mixed greens instead of on bread, too.
- 1 pound cooked lobster meat, diced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 6-inch pieces of French bread, sliced open for sandwiches
In a medium bowl, combine lobster, oil, juice, scallions, herbs, salt, and pepper. To serve, divide salad into four portions and spread on French bread.
** adapted from Chris Stien's recipe