* 1-1/4 cups uncooked macaroni ("I use macaroni made from artichoke flour")
* Juice of 1 lemon
* 1/2 cup chopped celery
* 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
* 3 tablespoons chopped pimiento
* 1-1/4 cups cubed cheddar cheese
* 3 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
* 2 to 4 teaspoons dried dill, or 2 to 4 tablespoons fresh
* 1 cup cooked green peas
* 2 cups cooked salad shrimp
* 1/2 cup mayonnaise
Cook macaroni according to directions on package. Drain. Add remaining ingredients and mix lightly. Chill for several hours or overnight. Serve on a bed of crisp lettuce, bordered with tomato wedges, slices of hard-cooked eggs, ripe olives, and lemon wedges.
This recipe was submitted by one of our readers and has not been tested by our food editors. We are not responsible for errors in this recipe, but if you find one, please let us know.