Yield: Yield: 2 or 3 small jars.
A delicious chutney and cheaper than store-bought! Minnie makes quantities of this when mangoes are in season, earmarking at least some of the jars for gift giving.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 very fat or 3 smaller semiripe mangoes
- 2 to 2-1/2 cups sugar ("some brown and some white")
- 1 cup cider Vinegar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup peeled, finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 small fresh hot peppers, seeded and thinly sliced, or 2 tablespoons dried, crumbled