Mango Fruit Tart
Total Time: 40
Yield: 8 servings
For the Crust:
- 1-3/4 cups (about 7 ounces) ground ginger cookies
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus extra for greasing tart pan
Instructions:Preheat oven to 325°. Butter bottom and sides of a 9-1/2-inch tart pan with removable bottom.
Place cookie crumbs, sugar, and melted butter into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until combined. Press mixture into bottom and sides of tart pan.
Chill 20 minutes. Transfer to oven and bake about 15 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool completely.
For the Filling:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 mango, skinned and sliced into 1/4-inch-thick pieces
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons water
- Garnish: raspberries or blueberries
Instructions:In the bowl of a food processor, pulse cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, almond extract, and coconut. Spread mixture over the bottom of the gingersnap crust. Arrange mango slices on top in a concentric circle. Garnish with berries.
In a small saucepan over low heat, stir jam with water until melted. Brush over mango slices and berries; then chill 20 minutes before serving.