Total Time: 25
Yield: 6 servings
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
For the ribs:
- 1 2-1/2-pound rack baby back pork ribs
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Rinse ribs with cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Cut between bones and arrange in a 13x9-inch baking dish. Make the rub: In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar, paprika, salt, onion powder, and cayenne. Coat each rib with rub, cover with aluminum foil, and chill at least 2 hours (up to overnight).
Preheat oven to 350°. When hot, transfer ribs, covered with foil, to oven and bake 30 minutes.
For the glaze:
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh minced onion
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2-1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
Meanwhile, make the glaze: Put oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion; cook until translucent, 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients. Whisk together; simmer over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.
Remove ribs from oven and turn to coat. Cover and return to oven; bake 30 minutes more. Remove and baste with a third of the glaze, turning with tongs to coat. Return to oven uncovered, reduce heat to 325°, and bake until tender, 30 to 45 minutes more. Remove and coat with another third of the glaze. Serve with additional glaze on the side.