Marinated Flank Steak
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
This marinated flank steak combines the flavors of wine with garlic, onion, and fresh thyme.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 2-pound flank or skirt steak, trimmed
- 1/2 cup dry white or red wine
- 1/2 red or yellow onion, sliced
- 4 to 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place all ingredients through sugar in a large zip-top plastic bag. Toss to coat well. Refrigerate two hours or up to 3 days if you prefer.
Prepare grill or broiler to medium-high. Remove steak from marinade and shake off excess. Place on grill or under broiler about 4 minutes per side (for medium rare). Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper. Let rest 5 minutes before slicing.