Marinated Grilled Pork Porterhouse with Fragrant Rice
Total Time: 15
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 pork Porterhouse steaks, brined, preferably overnight
- 1 cup Kaffir Lime-Shallot Sambal, plus 1 tablespoon for rice and
- 1/4 cup for garnish
- Grape-seed or canola oil for grill
- 3 cups basmati rice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Instructions:Rub steaks with 1 cup sambal and let marinate at least 4 hours. Prepare a hot clean grill, wiped with grape-seed or canola oil. Season steaks (lightly if brined) and grill both sides, about 6 to 8 minutes per side for medium. Let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
Meanwhile, wash rice in cold tap water, 3 or 4 times, until water runs clear. Place in a rice cooker or set in a saucepan on the stove. Add 1 tablespoon sambal and mix thoroughly. Season lightly with salt and pepper, then fill with water to the first digit of your index finger as it touches the surface of the rice. Cook rice as directed on package (45 minutes for rice cooker).
To serve, divide rice among four plates and top with sliced steak. Garnish each serving with 1 tablespoon sambal.
Additional Notes:Allow time to marinate.
Kaffir Lime-Shallot Sambal
- 1/4 cup grape-seed or canola oil
- 20 shallots, peeled and minced
- 3/4 pound jalape