Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Marinated Vegetables make colorful dish that's easy to prepare and always welcome at a potluck or hot-weather picnic. It's a good make-ahead recipe, too, that keeps for several days in the refrigerator.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1/2 head cauliflower, in small pieces
- 2 cups bite-size broccoli florets and stems
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced 1 inch thick
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cubed
- 3/4 to 1 cup stuffed green olives or pitted black olives, drained
- 3/4 cup white or wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup salad oil
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried oregano or mixed salad herbs
- 1/4 cup water
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the cauliflower and broccoli and blanch for 1 minute. Drain, then immediately plunge into cold water to stop the cooking. Drain well.
In a large salad bowl, combine all the vegetables with the olives. In a small bowl or jar, mix together the vinegar, oil, sugar, salt, pepper, herbs, and water. Mix well. Pour over the vegetables. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 8 to 24 hours before serving.