Marion's Tomato Bisque
Yield: Serves 6 to 8.
This delicate blend of vegetable flavors is a delightful surprise -- and easy to prepare. If fresh tomatoes are used, skin them and cook briefly to soften.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 large onion, diced
- 5 or 6 ribs celery with leaves, diced
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, diced
- 2 green peppers, diced
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup cooking sherry
- 2 quarts fresh or canned tomatoes, crushed
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 3 cups milk
- Salt, pepper, garlic, parsley, and basil to taste