Mediterranean Pork Chops
Total Time: 15
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 1/2-inch-thick pork chops
- Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup dried tomatoes, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 14-ounce jar whole artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained, and halved
- 3 to 4 cups hot cooked couscous or rice
Instructions:Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper; dredge in flour and shake off excess. Set aside.
Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chops and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until browned. Remove chops; tent with foil to keep warm.
Add broth, tomatoes, olives, capers, and artichoke hearts to pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Spoon over pork chops and hot cooked couscous or rice.