Yield: 12 appetizer-size servings
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- pastry for single-crust 10-inch pie
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium-size onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 7 black olives, sliced
- 5 ounces (1/2 package) frozen corn
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- pinch of salt
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 6 eggs
- 1 pint whipping cream
- sour cream and picante sauce for garnish
Instructions:Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 10-inch pie plate with the pastry. Sprinkle the cheese on the crust.
Heat the oil in a skillet and saute the onion, pepper, garlic, tomato, olives, and corn. When soft, add the chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper. Spread over the cheese in the pie plate.
In a medium-size bowl, beat the eggs until light and frothy. Add the cream and mix well. Pour over the vegetable mixture. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until firm in the center. Garnish with sour cream and picante sauce before serving.