Mike's 4 Alarm Chili
Yield: 2 Gallons
This Chili is a GREAT chilly day recipe. If you have 6 hours the rewards are fevorous.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 6 pounds of stew meat or burger meat (ground chicken, turkey, pork or game welcome
- 2 large sweet onions chopped
- 8 ribs celery chopped
- 3 fresh plabanoes skinned with a soldering torch and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 fresh green bell peppers skinned with a soldering torch and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 8 cloves of garlic finally chopped
- 1 large jar great white northern beans undrained
- 2 12 oz cans of red kidney beans undrained
- 2 12 oz cans stewed and sliced tomatoes undrained
- 1 32 oz beef broth
- 3 tbl sp olive oil
- 1 tbl sp McCormick's chipotle seasonings you may add 2 tbl sp if wanting more heat
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 heeping tbl sp chili powder
Instructions:Brown beef in olive oil remove when browned and set aside
In the same pot add chopped celery onion and garlic saut'e till softened
Add beef beef broth, chili powder, chiptle seasoning and boil for 1 hour.
Add tomatoes all beans all peppers and sugar bring back to a boil and simmer for 2 hours. Stiring occasionally to prevent burning.
Turn burner off and let cool for 2 hours. Stiring occasionally.
Uncover and bring back to slow boil for 1/2 hour and add some corn meal to thicken 1/2 cup but at 1/4 cup intervals and stiring constantly for that half hour.
Turn off heat and serve hot with grated chedder cheese and fresh onion. Crackers optional.