Yield: 8 to 10 servings
I have a family of six so this makes quite a bit but it's very easy to adjust to the size of a smaller family--just adjust the amount of the first four ingredients.
- 6 packages Martha White yellow cornbread (prepared)
- 6 raw eggs (1 egg per cornbread package)
- 6 hard boiled eggs (1 egg per cornbread package)
- 1 to 2 large onion, chopped
- turkey broth (or chicken broth)
- sage to taste
Instructions:Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare cornbread according to package directions.
While it's still hot, break cornbread up into small pieces in a very large bowl. Add onion, raw and hard boiled eggs, and begin adding broth a little at a time, stirring after every addition.
You will want the mixture very moist but not runny. Add sage a little at a time. The mixture should have the consistency of a thick batter. Place in large baking pan and bake in oven about 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown.