Mrs. Kellogg's Strawberry Layer Cake With Strawberry Buttercream Icing
I found this recipe in my grandmother’s effects when she passed away. It is delicious and moist, tastes like it is made from scratch.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 package white cake mix, not with pudding mixture
- 3/4 cup Wesson oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 small package (3-ounces) strawberry Jell-O
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 package thawed frozen strawberries (save 1/4 of package for frosting)
- Strawberry Buttercream Frosting:
- 1 pound sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 package frozen strawberries
Combine all cake ingredients and beat for about 2 minutes with an electric mixer. Pour cake into 3 9-inch greased and floured cake pans (square or round). Bake according to directions on package of cake that you purchased.
Cool cake layers completely.
Combine all ingredients. Beat until spreading consistency. Frost all layers of cake.
Refrigerate and serve.