Nancy Clancy's Linguine with Red Clam Sauce
Total Time: 40
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Long a staple of red-sauce Italian restaurants, this vintage favorite is so easy and delicious that it should be in every cook's regular rotation.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- Pinch red pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) minced clams with juice
- 4-6 ounces water
- 1 tablespoon table salt (for pasta)
- 3/4 pound linguini
- Garnish: chopped fresh basil leaves and grated Parmesan cheese
Instructions:Combine oil and butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until just translucent, about 1 minute. Add herbs, cheese, red pepper, tomato paste, clams (with juice), and water. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add salt. Add pasta and cook according to package instructions until just tender. Drain pasta, put in a serving bowl, and top with sauce. Garnish with basil and serve with extra Parmesan.