Nasturtium and Shrimp Salad Appetizer
Yield: Makes 4 servings.
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup peeled, deveined, cooked shrimp, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1 small tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 avocado, pitted, peeled, and cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh nasturtium leaves
- lettuce leaves
- nasturtium blossoms, for garnish
Pour the lemon juice into a small bowl. Whisk in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the shrimp and scallions and toss lightly. Let stand for 15 minutes to let the flavors blend. Add the tomato, avocado, and nasturtium leaves. Mound the mixture on lettuce leaves and garnish with the nasturtium blossoms.