New Orleans Muffulleta
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- New Orleans Muffuletta
- 1/2 cup stuffed green olives, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup black olives, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Zesty Italian Dressing
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 round Italian or sourdough bread loaf (9 to 10 inch)
- 8 to 12 slices Hard Salami, Ham or Cotto Salami
- 6 to 8 slices Mozzarella Cheese Slices or Process Provolone Cheese Slices
Instructions:In a small bowl, add olives, dressing, celery and garlic.
Cut bread in half lengthwise.
Hollow out top half of loaf slightly.
(Discard removed bread or reserve for another use.)
Spread bottom half of bread loaf with 1/2 of the olive mixture.
Top with layers of meat, cheese and remaining olive mixture.
Cover with top of bread loaf and press down lightly to secure.
Refrigerate 2 to 4 hours.
Cut into 6 wedges to serve.