No-Bake Chocolate Rum Balls
Total Time: 30 minutes
Hands On Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 3 dozen balls
Since 1971, the 40 or so women of the now-famous Wellesley Cookie Exchange have gathered each December to swap dozens of Christmas cookies and recipes. In 1986, we published The Wellesley Cookie Exchange Cookbook, compiled and edited by Susan Peery, and the book has become a classic. One bite of these delicious no-bake chocolate rum balls will make you understand why.
Find more recipes for "Cookies Through the Decades."
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped toasted almonds or hazelnuts, plus more for rolling
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/3 cup rum (any kind)
In a large bowl, stir together the crumbs, sugar, nuts, cocoa, maple syrup, and rum. Form into 1-inch balls; then roll in the chopped nuts. Refrigerate until firm. Serve cold or at room temperature.