Nori Sushi Rolls
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 4 cups cooked brown rice or sushi rice
- 2 tbsp gomashio (see recipe)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1 cup beets, grated
- 1 small cucumber, sliced like matchsticks
- 1-1/2 cups sprouts (e.g., sunflower, broccoli, spicy)
- 2-3 avocados, sliced
- 3 stalks green onion, chopped
- 8 nori sushi sheets
- Braggs (for dipping)
- Wasabi (for dipping)
1. In a large bowl, combine the cooked rice, gomashio, maple syrup, and vinegar and place in refrigerator to chill for 10-15 minutes.
2. When rice has chilled, place nori sheet on a sushi mat or cutting board and spread 1/2 cup of the rice mixture over 2/3 of the nori sheet closest to yourself.
3. Add each vegetable, placing it in the middle of the rice mixture.
4. Roll the nori away from you. Dab a little water with your finger to seal up the edges.
5. Slice into two or four pieces.
6. Use Braggs and wasabi for dipping. Try different sorts of vegetable combinations for variation.