Nutty Whole Wheat Cinnamon Pancakes
Total Time: 10
Yield: about 12 pancakes
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted and cooled
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus extra for pan
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups low-fat milk
Instructions:In a food processor, pulse walnuts to the texture of cookie crumbs. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients; then stir in walnuts. In a separate bowl, whisk together butter and eggs; then drizzle in milk and whisk well. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients; then stir until just blended. Let batter rest 8—10 minutes.
Heat a lightly buttered griddle or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Ladle in batter. Cook 2 minutes on one side, until bubbles begin to appear on the surface. Flip pancakes and cook 2 minutes longer, or until browned.
Repeat with remaining batter. Serve with maple syrup.