Old-Fashioned Green Beans
My grandmother grew up in Kentucky on a farm. Whenever we visited, Dad would always ask for these beans. This recipe makes me feel like I am "home".
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease
- 1 pound fresh green beans, cleaned
- 1-1/2 cups hot beef broth
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- ground black pepper to taste
- chopped bacon, if desired
Instructions:Heat bacon grease in large saucepan on medium high heat; add beans and saute until bright green. Drain off fat.
Add the hot beef stock and onion, bring to a boil; reduce to simmer, cover. Simmer for about an hour.
Add pepper and bacon bits.