onion pot roast
If you're lucky enough to have leftovers from this flavor-packed roast, add
up to 2 cups cut-up beef and onions to a 16-ounce jar of tomato pasta sauce
for the best "mamma Mia!" spaghetti sauce!
Prep: 25 min - Cook: Low 8 to 10 hr
- 4 pound beef boneless chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 medium onions, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 3/4 cup regular or nonalcoholic beer
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
Instructions:1. Trim excess fat from beef. Heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium-high
heat. Cook beef in oil about 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until brown
on all sides. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Place onions in 3 1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker. Place beef on onions.
3. Mix remaining ingredients; pour over beef and onions. Cover and cook on
low heat setting 8 to 10 hours or until beef is tender.
4. Remove beef and onions from cooker, using slotted spoon. Cut beef into
slices. Skim fat from beef juices in cooker if desired. Serve beef with
Makes 12 servings