Oysters with Apple Cider Mignonette
Total Time: 20
Yield: 12 pieces
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 tablespoons apple cider
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon finely diced Granny Smith or other tart apple
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 12 oysters, freshly shucked
Instructions:In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the cider, shallots, and apple and cook 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature, about 10 minutes. Stir in the vinegar and season with pepper. Spoon 1 to 2 teaspoons over the freshly shucked oysters.
Additional Notes:Adapted from a recipe by chef Larry Matthews Jr., The Back Bay Grill, 65 Portland St., Portland, ME. 207-772-8833.