pan con tomato
- Pan Con Tomato
- From California Sizzles
- Easy and Distinctive Recipes for a Vibrant Lifestyle
- 1 large loaf of crusty peasant bread
- Olive oil
- 2 very ripe tomatoes
- Garlic salt
1. Cut thick slices from loaf of bread and toast both
Sides lightly under the broiler.
2. Drizzle 1 side of bread slices generously with olive
3. Cut a very ripe tomato in half. Rub it over the
Toasted bread, squeezing gently and leaving juice and
4. Sprinkle generously with garlic salt.
5. Reheat gently under broiler and serve.
NOTE: A traditional Catalan dish for a brunch or an
Outdoor grilled dinner.