Pan-Seared Striped Bass with Tomato Vinaigrette
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Bluefish, also abundant in Martha's Vineyard waters, works well in this dish, too.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 cup pesto
- 1-1/2 cups plain breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 4 8-ounce fillets striped bass or bluefish, skin on
- Tomato Vinaigrette
Place pesto and breadcrumbs into two separate shallow dishes. Divide vegetable oil into two medium-size frypans over medium-high heat.
Press each portion of fish, skin side up, into pesto and then into breadcrumbs. Place fish, crumb side down, into the hot oiled frypans and sear 3 minutes.
Turn fish and cook 4 to 5 minutes. Arrange on serving plates and top with Tomato Vinaigrette.
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into half-inch chunks
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 3 scallions, finely sliced
- 6 fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper