Pan-Seared Striped Bass with Tomato Vinaigrette
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 cup pesto
- 1-1/2 cups plain breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 4 8-ounce fillets striped bass or bluefish, skin on
- Tomato Vinaigrette
Place pesto and breadcrumbs into two separate shallow dishes. Divide vegetable oil into two medium-size frypans over medium-high heat.
Press each portion of fish, skin side up, into pesto and then into breadcrumbs. Place fish, crumb side down, into the hot oiled frypans and sear 3 minutes.
Turn fish and cook 4 to 5 minutes. Arrange on serving plates and top with Tomato Vinaigrette.
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into half-inch chunks
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 3 scallions, finely sliced
- 6 fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
You May Like
Bring New England Home
plus, get the Tablet Edition FREE!
In this issue: Summer Off the Beaten Path
- 12 Best Places to Picinic
- Acadian Pride in Northern Maine
- Saying Goodbye to a Summer Home
- Hidden Gems in the Upper CT Valley