Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 2 large eggs, separated, whites beaten to
- soft peaks
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted,
- plus 1/2 teaspoon for griddle
Instructions:1. Heat electric griddle to 375° . Whisk flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar
in a bowl. Add egg yolks, buttermilk, and 4 tablespoons butter; whisk to combine. Batter should have
small to medium lumps; fold in egg white.
2. Heat oven to 175°. Test griddle by sprinkling a few drops of water on it. If water bounces and
spatters off griddle, it is hot enough. Using a pastry brush, brush remaining 1/2 teaspoon of butt
er onto griddle. Wipe off excess.
3. Using a 2-ounce ladle, about 1/4 cup, pour batter in pools two inches apart. When pancakes
bubble on top and are slightly dry around edges, about 2 1/2 minutes, flip. Cook until golden on
bottom, about 1 1/2 minutes.
4. Place on plate in preheated oven until ready to serve.