Total Time: 30
Yield: 6 servings
- 6 medium-size ripe tomatoes, cored and cut into small wedges
- 2 cucumbers (preferably seedless), sliced into half-moons
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 basil leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- Kosher or sea salt
- 1 small loaf Italian bread, diced and toasted
Instructions:In a large bowl combine tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, basil, oil, vinegar, and salt. Let sit at room temperature 30 minutes; then taste and add salt if needed.
Mix bread in and serve.