Parsley Dressing & Variations
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Total Time: 10
total time: 10 minutes; 10 minutes
These recipes come from New England culinary legend Hiroshi Hayashi. For many years he owned wildly popular restaurants in Boston and Peterborough, New Hampshire; these days he teaches the culinary arts at The Monadnock School for Natural Cooking & Philosophy. His dressings are available locally for purchase, but they disappear from the shelves pretty fast.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 pound soft tofu
- 2 cups water
- 5 ounces apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Dash freshly ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup parsley, finely chopped
Instructions:In the bowl of a food processor, pulse tofu until mushy.
Add water, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
Add oil and lemon juice. Stir in parsley by hand.
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
Instructions:Prepare Parsley Dressing recipe, adding garlic to tofu.
- 1 tablespoon tahini (sesame paste)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce