Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small onion , chopped fine
- 8 ounces white mushrooms , quartered
- Table salt and ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes , drained
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 12 ounces egg-enriched dried fettuccine (see note above)
- 1 pound asparagus , tough ends discarded, spears cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini , cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese , plus extra for serving
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
Instructions:1. Bring 4 quarts water to boil in large pot for cooking pasta. Meanwhile, melt butter in large skillet over medium heat until foaming. Add onion, mushrooms, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and cook until soft and browned, about 8 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes and cream, increase heat to high, bring to boil, and remove pan from heat.
2. As sauce cooks, add 2 tablespoons salt and pasta to boiling water and cook until just beginning to soften, about 6 minutes. Add asparagus to pot and cook for 1 minute. Add zucchini and cook for 2 minutes. Add peas and cook until pasta is al dente, about 1 minute.
3. Drain pasta and vegetables and return to pot. Toss in cream sauce, cheese, lemon juice, and basil and season with salt and pepper. Serve, passing extra cheese at table.