Pasta Shells with Peas and Prosciutto
Yield: Serves 4
Fresh peas are butter-steamed with lettuce and green onions, then tossed with prosciutto and pasta shells. Serve cold as a salad or luncheon dish.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 green onions, white and green portion, sliced
- 8 leaves Boston lettuce, cut across into shreds
- 2 pounds peas, shelled
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into julienne strips
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 pound small pasta shells, boiled and drained
Instructions:1. Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the onions, shredded lettuce, and peas, tossing to coat. Cover the pan and cook over low heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until the peas are crisp-tender.
2. Pour on the chicken broth. Add the prosciutto, basil, salt, and pepper. Stir over high heat until most of the liquid is evaporated. Blend in the Parmesan cheese and remove the pan from the heat.
3. Stir in the sour cream and lemon juice. Add the drained pasta shells and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.