Pasta with Greens and Feta
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups chopped onions
- 7 to 8 cups packed chopped mixed greens
- 12 to 16 ounces dried short pasta (radiatore is recommended)
- 8 to 12 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Instructions:In a large Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onions and saute until golden, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, begin heating the water for the pasta. Add the chopped greens to the Dutch oven and stir until the greens begin to wilt. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain, adding a few tablespoons of the cooking water to the greens. Reduce the heat under the greens to low. Add the cheese. Then add the pasta to the greens and mix thoroughly. Add the Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste.