pasta with veggies
- PASTA WITH FLAVORFUL VEGGIES
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Instructions:Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
skillet, saute the zucchini, onion, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and
pepper in oil and butter for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
Add tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or
until heated throug. Sprinkle with cheeses; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes
or until cheese is melted. Drain spaghetti; serve with vegetable mixture.
Cat's note: I used 6 or 7 Roma tomatoes each cut into about 6 chunks (I like
lots of tomatoes!), minced garlic that comes in a jar, and one medium onion,
chopped (and didn't bother to measure it). This dish is really good and the
cheeses just put it over the top. Best of all - no meat!!