Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield: approx. 7 dozen
Very good cookies. I prefer not to use any peanut butter chips. I like using milk chocolate chips. This recipe came from the Redwood Bread & Breakfast in Oklahoma.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 stick real butter, [1/2 cup]
- 1 stick margarine, [1/2 cup]
- 1 cup peanut butter [ I use crunchy]
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 whole eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Melt butter and margarine together.
3. Place in mixer bowl, the melted butter & oleo, white sugar, brown sugar and peanut butter. Mix on medium speed until well blended.
4. Add eggs and beat mixture for two  minutes.
5. Reduce speed to low and mix in the baking powder, baking soda, salt and vanilla.
6. Add 2 cups of the flour, 1 cup at a time allowing for blending into mixture.
7. Remove from mixer and mix by hand the remaining flour.
8. Add the chocolate and peanut butter chips. Mix well by hand.
9. Make 1" balls of cookie mixture and place on a greased cookie sheet.
10. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. You may have to adjust the length of baking time according to your oven. I had to bake mine 1 to 2 min. longer.
Note: After baking the first sheet of cookies you might have to add a little more flour. I do. Also, the dough is very greasy, don't be alarmed, that is normal.