Yield: Serves 6 to 8.
- 4 large ripe ‘Bartlett’ pears, or 2-1/2 pounds smaller pears
- 1/3 cup dried blueberries
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup light-brown sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened muesli or low-fat granola
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) cold butter
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Wash, peel, and slice the pears. Arrange them in overlapping circles in a buttered quiche pan or glass pie plate. Sprinkle the blueberries, apple juice, and orange zest over the pears.
3. Combine the spices, sugar, and muesli and spread evenly over the fruit. Dot with butter.
4. Bake for 50 minutes, or until the juices are bubbling. Cool and refrigerate.
5. To serve: Serve cold with plain yogurt, or bring to room temperature for about 20 minutes and heat in a 350° F oven for 15 minutes.