- Mushroom Rice Pilaf:
- 1Tble.spoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1Tble.spoon butter
- 10 white mushrooms chopped
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 pkg.rice pilaf mix 6.09 oz.
- 2Tble. spoons chopped parsley leaves
- Pepper Steak:
- 2 Tble.spoons veg. oil,2 turns of the pan
- 2 lbs.tenderloin tips of sirloin,cut into chunks
- Coarse salt
- 2Tble.spoons butter
- 2 green bell pepper,seeded,2in. dice
- 1/2 white onion,sliced
- 2Tble.spoons all purpose flour
- 1Tble.spoon tomato paste
- 1/4cup dry sherry
- 1 1/2 cups beef consomme
- 1 teaspoon coarse blk.pepper
Instructions:In a med.pot over medium to medium high heat add a Tble.spoon of oil and a Tble.spoon of butter.When butter melts,add chopped mushrooms and saute 3 to 5 mins.
Add water and cover the pot.Add rice and pilaf pkt.to water. Stir to combine,reduce heat and cook 18 mins..Add parsley,fluff with fork
Preheat a large skillet over high heat.Add vegetable oil to really hot pan. Add meat and sear on all sides,5mins. Season w/salt and remove to a plate.Cover meat loosley with foil to hold heat.Reduce heat on pan to medium.Add butter to pan. Add peppers and a little onion.Saute peppers and onions 5mins.. Sprinkle flour over vegs. and cook 1 min. longer. Whisk in sherry and start to pick up pan drippings. Whisk in consomme and continue whisking. Add tomato and blk. pepper. Slide meat back into the pan and coat with sauce.Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 mins. Spoon Pepper steak over Mushroom Rice Pilaf and serve.