Pesto Potato Salad
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Tired of the same old slaws and salads? Treat your family and friends to this new twist on an old favorite at your next picnic.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 6 large potatoes, quartered, cooked, and drained
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup pitted chopped black olives
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup pesto, prepackaged or homemade*
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- salt and freshly grated pepper, to taste
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
Instructions:Peel and dice potatoes and combine with eggs, celery, and olives. In another bowl, mix together mayonnaise, pesto, and mustard. Pour dressing over salad and toss gently until well blended. Salt and pepper to taste. Arrange crumbled bacon and onion rings on top.
*Pesto: Blend together at high speed 2 packed cups fresh basil leaves, 1 to 2 large cloves garlic, 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup olive oil. When thoroughly blended, add 1/4 cup pine nuts and blend for 15 seconds more.