Yield: 10 to 12 pickled eggs
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 10-12 hard cooked eggs
- 1 cup beet juice (fresh is better)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup cold water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 to 2 tablespoons pickling spices
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 stick cinnamon (small)
- several slices of cooked beets
- several slices of onion
1. Pour all liquids into a small sauce pan over medium heat approx. 5 to 6 minutes.
2. Add salt, pepper, sugars, cloves, and cinnamon stick.
3. Stir ocassionally, do not bring to a boil.
4. Place beets into heated mixture for approx. one minute.
5. Using a tight sealing jar, pour mixture into jar and add eggs, beets, and onions alternately.
6. Store in refrigerator for approx. 5 days.