Yield: 10 to 12 pickled eggs
Ingredients:10-12 hard cooked eggs
1 cup beet juice (fresh is better)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup cold water
salt and pepper, to taste
1 to 2 tablespoons pickling spices
4 whole cloves
1 stick cinnamon (small)
several slices of cooked beets
several slices of onion
1. Pour all liquids into a small sauce pan over medium heat approx. 5 to 6 minutes.
2. Add salt, pepper, sugars, cloves, and cinnamon stick.
3. Stir ocassionally, do not bring to a boil.
4. Place beets into heated mixture for approx. one minute.
5. Using a tight sealing jar, pour mixture into jar and add eggs, beets, and onions alternately.
6. Store in refrigerator for approx. 5 days.