Potato Salad with Asparagus
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 2 pounds scrubbed new potatoes
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons champagne or white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- large pinch white pepper
- 1 pound asparagus, washed
- scant 1/2 cup mayonnaise, preferably homemade
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives
Instructions:Place potatoes and 1 teaspoon salt in large pot. Cover amply with cold water, bring to a boil and simmer until potatoes are tender.
While potatoes cook, prepare asparagus; snap off bottoms and peel lower half. Steam for about 2 minutes until crisp tender. Plunge into ice-cold water to stop cooking and set color. Drain and cut into 2" pieces on a diagonal.
While warm, slice potatoes and immediately dress with the vinegars, salt and pepper. When cool add asparagus, mayonnaise, garlic, parsley, chives and black olives. Mix well and adjust seasoning to taste.