Puffed Rice Trail Mix
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 cups puffed-rice cereal
- 1 cup roasted peas
- 1 cup roasted pepitas
- 1/2 cup sesame sticks
- 1/2 cup toasted shredded coconut (sweetened)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons light-brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Instructions:Preheat oven to 250° with rack in center. Place puffed rice, peas, pepitas, sesame sticks, and coconut in a large bowl.
In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add brown sugar and ginger; heat until sugar has melted. Pour over puffed-rice mixture. Season with salt; toss well with a wooden spoon to coat evenly.
Spread on a rimmed baking sheet, and bake 30 minutes. Remove from oven; let cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 5 days.